Ways to Improve Your Smile Using Smile Makeovers
A smile makeover treatment consists of different cosmetic oral procedures carried out by dental practitioners to improve a patient’s smile appearance.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Dental procedures are usually classified into various categories. There is general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, emergency dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and preventive dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry refers to the procedures that improve dental aesthetics.
The Tooth Family Dental in Las Vegas offers smile makeovers and general dentistry procedures, among other services, at affordable prices. You can also visit our emergency dentist in Las Vegas whenever you or your loved ones have a dental emergency.
Smile Makeover Dental Procedures
These are coatings placed on the front visible part of the teeth to hide imperfections like a cracked tooth. Teeth veneers have a natural white look that resembles that of natural teeth. There are various types of dental veneers, but composite and porcelain veneers are the most popular.
People choose teeth veneers because they:
- Help restore weak teeth
- Improve the appearance of natural teeth
- Can coat permanently colored teeth.
- They are long-lasting
- Veneers do not require much re-shaping of a tooth as crowns do
- Are resistant to stains
Implants replace missing tooth roots. They provide a strong foundation for the artificial replacement of teeth. If you have dental implants, you can whiten your teeth. However, you can only whiten the natural tooth structure leaving out the implant crown. To make the teeth match the crown, you will have to remake the implant crown.
- They feel like and function similarly to natural teeth.
- Improved speech. Replacing missing teeth allows you to speak fluently again.
- Unlike poorly fitted dentures that can slip off, tooth implants remain intact.
- They enhance your chewing abilities and do not have food restrictions meaning you can eat any food.
- Implants are convenient.
- Durability. Dental implants are long-lasting when maintained with good care.
- Implants support one’s facial structure thus prevents facial sagging.
The implant placement procedure is a surgery-like process. This means that the risks involved during surgeries (e.g., infections and excessive bleeding) can also occur after a dental implant.
These are the treatments used to restore the integrity, function, and morphology of missing teeth structure. They restore your teeth and give you a better smile.
Types of dental restoration include:
- Fillings – these usually fill a tooth cavity
- Crowns – they restore the shape, size, appearance, and strength of teeth
- Implants – are made of metal then covered with a crown to resemble natural teeth
- Bridges – used in teeth replacement where only a few teeth have been lost
- Dentures – they are of two types; partial and full dentures. Full dentures are used when all the patient’s teeth are missing, while a partial denture is considered when some natural teeth remain.
- Prevents infections – Restoration of cracked or decayed teeth lowers the chances of oral infections
- Strengthens the jawbone – using implants, denture, and dental bridges strengthens your jawbone
- Improves one’s dental structure
- Eliminates dental discomfort associated with missing teeth
- Improves one’s smile appearance by restoring decayed or chipped teeth.
- Fillings and implants are long-lasting
This involves bleaching your teeth. It is one of the simplest ways of improving your smile. There are two categories of teeth whiteners:
Abrasive whiteners: they use gentle abrasives to rub off surface stains and plaque from your teeth.
Chemical whiteners: these use chemicals like hydrogen peroxide, which induce chemical reactions with the enamel’s stains breaking the bonds that hold the stains to the tooth.
Teeth bleaching can also be done naturally, but little scientific evidence shows that these products work effectively. You can whiten your teeth at home by:
- Oil pulling. This involves swishing oil such as coconut oil in your mouth to get rid of teeth stains that cause your teeth to turn yellow.
- Brushing your teeth with a paste made of baking soda and water to clear away yellow stains
- Using hydrogen peroxide
For whiter teeth, try brushing and flossing daily and eating a healthy diet such as foods rich in calcium. Calcium helps prevent yellow staining.
Schedule an appointment with our dentist in 89149, Las Vegas, whenever you need dental services.